Thursday, January 16, 2014

Heat


Tough conditions, tough match for Maria in 2nd Round at Australian Open against Karin Knapp of Italy. In the end, Maria won the match in 3 sets: 6-3, 4-6, 10-8 after 3 hours and 28 minutes of play.

Maria said: "There is no way of getting around the fact that the conditions were extremy difficult and have been like that the last few days. But you are really just trying to get through the match in the best possible way. No matter how you are playing, you are trying to make it safe as possible.
I`m really happy to get through today. I really am. I worked really hard in the last few months and I wanted this match . I didn`t play my best tennis, I didn`t do many things well. But I got through it."


In 3rd Round, Maria will play against Alize Cornet of Fance. On head to head, Maria leads Cornet: 1-0. Their only match was in 2012 in Stuttgart, where Maria won after Cornet retired when the score was: 6-3, 1-0.




GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment