Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Important victory !


Maria tied at 7 the overall score between her and Azarenka after the 3rd Round match from last night. Maria won in straight sets: 6-4, 6-3 over Azarenka.


After the match, Maria said: "It's just great to see her back healthy and playing at a good level again.She had a few comebacks last year, but it seems like she's really back on track now."
"I actually didn't feel like I played my best tennis. But I was competitive. I was there. I feel like I did everything I had to do in order to win the match, which is sometimes the most important thing."
After this blockbuster, Maria will play against the champion of last year: Flavia Pennetta of Italy for a  place in quarterfinals. On head to head the two players are tied at 2. Their last match was in 2011 at US Open, where Pennetta won in 3 sets: 6-3, 3-6, 6-4.

GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment