Sunday, September 28, 2014

Back to victories


Maria won her 1st Round match at China Open in beijing in straight sets: 6-1, 6-4 against Kaia Kanepi of Estonia after one hour adn 30 minutes.

After the match, Maria said: "I thought I played a difficult opponent, someone that I've had trouble against in the past. She's capable of playing really well, has beaten top players before in her career." 

"Her ranking has dropped a little bit this year, but overall I knew it was a challenging first round opponent and I thought I handled that quite well considering I didn't have a great result last week. I started off the match quite well and followed through with that."


About her way to serve, Maria said: "I actually thought I served quite well today. I was very aggressive and I put a lot of pressure on her."
"I'm usually somebody that goes for my serve. If I make more errors, I feel more confident knowing that I'm going for it rather than just making my opponent hit a ball. That's always been my philosophy. Of course, I don't want to see the number of double faults very high. But overall I thought in key moments I served well."
In 2nd Round, Maria will play against Elina Svitolina of Ukraine. Maria never played Svitolina before.

GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment