Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Maria in semifinals


Maria defeated Petra Kvitova in straight sets: 7-5, 6-1 at Sony Open Tennis in Miami after one hour and 32 minutes of play.

After the match, Maria said: "I didn't have a good first few games, so I was happy I kept trying to do the right thing - keep steady, but also keep trying to be aggressive.I think that really paid off as the match went on, because I made a few too many unforced errors in the beginning of the match.
"I started getting more chances as we played more games in the first set, and little by little I started getting myself back in the points more and playing my game, playing well, going inside the baseline - you're never sure until you finish the match, but I really felt like I started doing the right things."
"Petra is a Grand Slam champion. You can never underestimate someone that goes on the court and has that experience. She's capable of playing really great tennis, and I think everyone knows that."

Maria In Miami semifinal, Maria will play against Serena Williams of United States.
About this match, Maria said: "It's no secret that she's been a big challenge of mine, an opponent that obviously I would love to beat. There are certainly ways I need to step up in certain situations I haven't been able to do in the past against her, but it's great I have the opportunity to play her again."



GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment