Sunday, March 23, 2014

Maria passed the test


Two hours and 56 minutes needed Maria to pass a great test against Lucie Safarova of Czech Republic in 3rd Round at Sony Open Tennis in Miami. Maria won in 3 sets: 6-4, 6-7, 6-2.

After the match, Maria said: "It was one of those days when I had all kinds of opportunities, but she just kept hitting all of these unbelievable shots and winners, especially in that last game. I'm just so happy I was able to pull the match out in the end tonight."

"When you're in that situation you have to think selfishly, because you want to be the one winning the match at the end, obviously. But when you come off the court at the end, it's tough to have only one winner, because both players have given a lot and both want to win so much."
"But I've been there a lot, and at this point in my career, especially after not playing for so long last year, these are the kinds of matches I need. These are the kinds of matches I need to build my strength, where I need to feel my shoulder is holding up and I can hit a serve over 1000 miles an hour."
In 4th round, Maria will play against Kirsten Flipkens of Belgium. On head to head, Maria leads Flipkens: 4-0. Thei last match was thi year in Open GDF Suez quarterfinal, where Maria won in straight sets: 6-2, 6-2.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment