Friday, March 21, 2014

Vicotry in Miami


Maria won her 2nd Round match at Sony Open Tennis in Miami against Kurumi Nara of Japan. She won in straight sets: 6-3, 6-4 after one hour and 39 minutes of play.

After the match, Maria said: "She made me work extremely hard, She's a really quick opponent, got a lot of balls back, as you saw, and she made me hit a lot. She made me try to do too much in certain situations."

"Sometimes I felt like I was doing the right mistakes and sometimes I felt like I should have been more patient, but I guess those are the situations you want to build that match confidence again." 

"I still feel like a work in progress," Sharapova commented. "That match strength, when you're deep into the match and just in the later stages of matches, I think that's the thing that's hurt me in these last couple of months. But I've got to work through that. Nothing's just going to come to me."
"It's a challenge I have ahead of me, and I have to face it."

In 3rd Round, Maria will play against Lucie Safarova of Czech Republic. On head to head, Maria leads Safarova: 2-1. Their last match was last year in Stuttgart, where Maria won in 3 sets: 6-4, 6-7, 6-3



GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment