Friday, April 25, 2014

Maria books semifinal spot


The defending champion won the quarterfinal match against Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland in straight sets: 6-4, 6-3.

After the mtach, Maria said: "I think at the start I wasn't being smart at the right times and wasn't constructing the points well on my serve. But I think the key was that game that I was able to win after being down 0-40."


"She likes moving her opponents around the court and she does that extremely well when she has time. You know, I don't want to find myself running forwards and backwards. I need to look for the opportunities when I have short ball and take advantage of that and not let her get back into the point, which she does so often. That's something that I did really well."
"Obviously it was a very difficult end and she played extremely well on some of those match points. I was happy that I stayed aggressive and I was able to win the last one. It was a really big point obviously. So, yeah it's a big win for me, probably the biggest since my injury."
The d In Stuttgart semifinal, Maria will play against Sara Errani of Italy. On head to head, Maria leads Errani 4-0. Their last match was in 2013 in Miami quarterfinal, where Maria won in straight sets: 7-5, 7-5.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment