Sunday, April 27, 2014

Three-peat


Two hours and 3 minutes needed Maria to keep her crown in Stuttgart. She defeated Ana Ivanovic of Serbia in 3 sets: 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 at Porsche Tennis Grand Prix.

Atfer the final, Maria said: "For the first half of the match I thought it might not be my day today, but somehow I turned it around. I had quite a slow beginning to the year, but me and my team have been working hard to get in the position to win titles again, and I'm so happy to be able to do it in Stuttgart."

"It's really special, and it's extra special for me because the tournament is here," Sharapova, a Porsche Brand Ambassador, added. "I feel like I'm a small part of the Porsche family. It's been an incredible few years at this tournament."


"From the first moment it was always a close match. It was always a few close balls to decide each game, and it went on the whole match. In the second set she definitely went for those big shots, though, and she made some amazing points. She's just a great player, and that's what happens when you play against great players in big matches like this. You need to use your opportunities. But there's always next time."

For Maria, Mutua Madrid Open is the next tournament. This tournament will begin on May 4th.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment