Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Maria advances to 3rd Round in Rome


Maria won her first match at Internazionali BNL d`Italia in Rome in straight sets: 6-3, 7-5 against Monica Puig of Puerto Rico.

After the match, Maria said: "I had a little bit of a slow start," Sharapova said. "Any tournament, with new conditions and new surroundings, it took me a little bit to get a good feeling out there. But once I did, I felt really strong and I'm happy I was able to close the match out after being down in the second set.

"She's a very aggressive player. She doesn't back away. So that was challenging, but I thought I did a really good job of recovering from that."
In 3rd Round, Maria will play against Ana Ivanovic of Serbia. On head to head, Maria leads Ivanovic: 8-2. Their last match was this year in Stuttgart final, when Maria won in 3 sets: 3-6, 6-4, 6-1.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment