Sunday, May 11, 2014

Queen in Madrid


The second trophy of 2014 is here after Maria won the Mutua Madrid Open 2014 title. She defeated Simona Halep of Romania in 3 sets: 1-6, 6-2, 6-3 after one hour and 57 minutes of play.

After the final, Maria said: "What a week. Last year I lost in the finals and I really wanted to go one extra step this year, and it's just been such a fantastic week."


"Simona and I had played a couple of times before, but she's really on a different level now. I don't know how I pulled it off. In the first set I wasn't doing much to hurt her, and that's the tennis she's capable of playing - I knew I had to do some different things after the first set to win this match."
"I don't take any finals for granted, and every tournament means a lot to me. I came close last year, and I didn't have a great first set today, but I knew it wasn't over until the last point was played."
The next tournament in Maria`s schedule is Internazionali BNL d`Italia. The tournament starts on May 12.



GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment