Thursday, May 29, 2014

Maria passed the test


7-5, 6-2 was the score in 2nd Round match for Maria at Roland Garros against Tsvetana Pironkova of Bulgaria after one hour and 32 minutes of play. 

After the match, Maria said: "I started off quite cold, wasn't moving my feet enough and just didn't have a good rhythm. Once I got the break back, I started feeling much better about my game, and I was able to hold that until the end of the match."

"You have to follow your path and concentrate on your work and who's ahead of you and not get worried about what's going on. Obviously when you go on court you're aware of a lot of the upsets, not just among the women, but with the men as well. So it's great to get a win in that type of atmosphere."
In 3rd Round, Maria will play either Monica Niculescu of Romania or Paula Ormaechea of Argentina.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment