Saturday, July 4, 2015

Maria in 4th Round!


Maria won her 3rd Round match at Wimbledon against Irina-Camelia Begu of Romania in straight sets: 6-4, 6-3 after one hour and 23 minutes of play.

After the match, Maria said:"Considering I didn't play a tournament before Wimbledon, with each match I've had a different type of opponent on different courts, and I've been handling it quite well.Today was another match against a big server and a big hitter, and on grass that can be quite dangerous.
"I was quite happy that I was able to win the match in a solid two sets."

In 4th Round, Maria will play agianst Zarina Diyas of Kazakhstan. About her next opponent, Maria said: "I played Diyas in Australia. I think that was our first meeting.
"This one will be a new match, and a chance to get to the quarterfinals, a place where I lost last year."
On head to head, Maria leads Diyas: 1-0. Their only match was this year at Australian Open, when Maria won in striaght sets: 6-1, 6-1.

GO MARIA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment