Wednesday, July 8, 2015

semiFINAL


Maria was tested by Coco Vandeweghe in Wimbledon quarterfinal, but she managed to earn her place in the semifinals after a 3 sets match victory: 6-3, 6-7, 6-2 after 2 hours and 45 minutes.

After the quarterfinal, Maria said: "I've played five matches already, I've faced different challenges, matches, opponents, circumstances - the first four matches I was playing quite well and got the job done in two sets."
"Today, serving for the second set, I could have made it easier. It went to a third, but I still got the job done. I have to be pleased with that, that I'm in the semifinals again here after so many years."
"It's a special feeling.I had a really tough match last year against Kerber. Everyone looks at results, but I really felt like although I lost in the fourth round, my game on grass had really improved. I really felt confident. It was tough, because I felt a few points could have changed things around, and from then on you really never know how things will evolve and what chances you might have."
"Overall I'm happy I was able to take that loss and move up a few steps further this year."
"I haven't seen the names on the trophy in a while because I haven't held the trophy in many years. I've only seen it on the board. I know it's there, but I'd love to see it again to make sure it's still there!"
"Obviously being a small part of its history is an incredible feeling. It's something that I'll be able to cherish for the rest of my life - to be able to tell my future children that mommy won Wimbledon, I have proof. It's on the trophy. It's an incredible achievement. As you go about your tennis career, you don't always realize your accomplishments because you're so busy, and you're just always thinking about the next one, the next event, just trying to do something better and keep going. You never have the time to slow down and really appreciate all of your accomplishments, even as a young teenage girl."
"So I think I'll really be able to share those memories with my kids with I'm older."
The semifinal will be like a final for Maria because she will play against Serena Williams of United States. The last victory of Maria against Serena is dated in 2004 at the WTA Championships when she defeated the american player in 3 sets: 4-6, 6-2, 6-4 to win the title.
Maria has only 2 victories in 19 matches against Serena. 

GO MARIA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment