Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Another victory


Maria is in quarterfinals after she defeated Carla Suarez-Navarro of Spain in straight sets: 6-1, 7-6 at China Open after one hour and 40 minutes of play.

After the game, Maria said: "I started off the match really well, which is something I didn't do when I lost to her in MontrĂ©al. She was the more aggressive then and today from the beginning I led her to make a few more mistakes than she wanted to."



"Towards the middle of the second set I became more passive. It's something that I think gave her the chance to move in a little bit more, to approach and come in, start hitting the ball a bit deeper. That made it a little trickier. But overall I thought I did a good job of coming back in that tie-breaker."

In quaterfinals, Maria will play either Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia or Angelique Kerber of Germany.



GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment