Sunday, October 5, 2014

Queen in Beijing !


Maria defeated Petra Kvitova in 3 sets: 6-4, 2-6, 6-3 after 2 hours and 28 minutes and won her first trophy in Beijing. Congratulations, Maria !!!

After this great performance Maria will move to No.2 in WTA Rankings starting Monday.

After the final, Maria said:"It was a bit of an up-and-down match I'd say - maybe not the best out of the tournament. But it's never easy playing against Petra. You don't always quite get a good rhythm. She goes for a lot of shots, very deep, and she's a very good, confident player."


"I knew she'd been on a roll in the last couple of weeks. It's probably the toughest opponent you can face in a final, that's had that success, yet you just want to focus on your side, what you do best."

"She became the more aggressive player in the second set. I think I took a few too many steps back and let her play that way. But I was able to lift my game again in the third and come out with a win."
"It was a disappointing result for me in Wuhan. I thought I was ready for the tournament and wanted to compete. I just didn't end up with a positive result. Within the time frame of only a couple of days until my first round here, I just had to settle down a bit. Sometimes it just takes a few little things to change things around - maybe some of those results ultimately get you to this position."
"I'm proud I just took a couple of days and did the work I could, and changed the result here."
Maria will play at the WTA Finals in Singapore this month. The tournament starts on October 20th. This is the last tournament for her this year.

GO MARIA !!!

1 comment:

  1. And in the end, the Love you take is equal to the Match you make <3 but sorry, why is the last tournament for this year???...if you want you can get another title right before Singapore...Play more tournaments, they are the best practice...For example one in two weeks is nice for you to keep your shape good and improve your game consistency...Anyway you know...I love you and i'll be with you forever...you're my inspiration but my respiration too...every breath i take is your image <3

    ReplyDelete