Friday, January 9, 2015

Maria into Brisbane semifinals


Only one hour and 8 minutes needed Maria to pass Carla Suarez-Navarro of Spain in straight sets: 6-1, 6-3.


After the quarterfinal, Maria said: "We went back and forth with our victories in 2014 so I'm always a little bit aware of girls that I lose to. I certainly know that she's capable of playing really well, though. She plays defense great and makes you hit a lot of balls. Especially on a slower court like here, you just don't want to give her that much time to play her game. I thought I did a good job of that today."

"Maybe I made a little too many unforced errors in the beginning, but I finished strong."
In Brisbane semifinals, Maria will play Elina Svitolina of Ukraine. On head to head, Maria leads Svitolina: 1-0. Their only match was last year in Beijing, where Maria won in straight sets: 6-2, 6-2.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment