Sunday, January 25, 2015

Semifinal clash against Bouchard


Maria needed one hour and 15 minutes to pass Shuai Peng of China in straight sets: 6-3, 6-0.


In quarterfinals, Maria will play against Eugenie Bouchard of Canada.

About this upcoming match, Maria said: "She's been playing really well in this tournament, and also in the Slams the last year. Really confident tennis and inspired form. I expect her to play a really good match. We only played one time last year, which was at the French, and that was a really tough match for me. I had to come back from being down one set to love. I'm sure she'll come out and play extremely well."

"I personally don't know Genie very well. As a tennis player she's a big competitor. She's an aggressive player as well, who likes to take the ball early and dictate points."

On head to head, Maria leads Bouchard: 3-0. Their last match was last year at Roland Garros, when Maria won in 3 sets: 4-6, 7-5, 6-2.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment