Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Maria still in Melbourne


Tough match for Maria in 2nd Round at Australian Open. In the end, she managed to defeat Alexandra Panova of Russia in 3 sets: 6-1, 4-6, 7-5 after 2 hours and 32 minutes of play.


After the match, Maria said: "I thought my process through the match to the 5-4 game was pretty negative."
"I think I was dwelling too much on my mistakes and what I was doing wrong, and not really being in the present, something that I'm usually really good at. At that point when you're behind, you feel like you're making a lot of errors and don't have a good rhythm out there, but I really just kept trying to take it one point at a time, think positively, and change my thought process a little bit out there.
"When other things aren't working, maybe the mental side of things will help you out."
What positives does Maria take with her from this? "Just the fact that I did pull through and gave myself a chance to keep going. You never know how you're going to feel until you go out on the court and compete and play. No matter how you prepare, once you get out there, everything starts from scratch. It was a tough day, but I pulled through, and at this point that's what matters."
In 3rd Round, Maria will play against Zarina Diyas of Kazakhstan. Maria never played Diyas before.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment