Thursday, February 26, 2015

1st victory in Mexico


Good star for Maria in Mexico. She defeated Shelby Rogers of United States in straight sets: 6-4, 6-1.

After the 1st Round match, Maria said: "I've been in many different situations in my career, and when you're down, you have to change a few things and stay positive. You just have to concentrate on one point at a time instead of the bigger result, and as the match went on I definitely felt more and more comfortable out there.
"I felt really good and really happy to perform here in front of all the fans for the first time."
Maria was asked whether the slow start could have been from the new conditions, too.
"Your first match at a new tournament is never easy. You're getting used to all of the conditions, a new place and a new atmosphere. You're also adjusting your game a little bit. The court here is quite different to the surfaces I've competed on so far this year, and the ball goes through the air because it's much warmer. You can train in new conditions as many days as you want, but it's when you go out and play an actual match when the real adjustment comes into play.
"I'm looking forward to improving as the week goes on. My opponents will get tougher and tougher."
In 2nd Round, Maria will play against Mariana Duque-Marino of Colombia.



GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment