Thursday, February 19, 2015

Allure Magazine Interview


What’s the best beauty tip you’ve learned? “Adir [Abergel] has taught me so much about how to care for and maintain a hairstyle. Moisturization is key [Sharapova uses Drybar Mudslide Nourishing Hair Mask], and it’s really important to apply a protective shield, like Fekkai Blowout Primer, before heat.”

What beauty products can you not live without? “Homeoplasmine from French pharmacies for scrapes or burns; Avon Luck fragrance, which I pour into a small travel bottle; Fresh Rose Face Mask for a treatment after a long flight;Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30, because it has such a silky, weightless texture; and Supergoop Forever Young Hand Cream SPF 40—so many people neglect their hands! I keep it in my bag at all times.”

How did you become involved with Supergoop? “Sunscreen is such a huge part of my daily routine. I stumbled upon Supergoop at Sephora and fell in love with the formulas. Then I was fortunate enough to meet Holly [Thaggard], the founder, and we hit it off right away. Working with the company felt like a natural next step.”

Who is your style icon? “Audrey Hepburn. I really like classic beauties who handle sophistication with ease.”

What are your favorite go-to fashion items? “Right now, I’m coveting wide-leg cropped trousers by Stella McCartney, cashmere sweaters from The Row, and vintage earrings from Broken English.”

How do you stay in shape off the court? “I love working my core. I do a combination of mat exercises and work on the Bosu ball. I’ve also tried classes with Tracy Anderson, which is a great workout!”

What’s your match-day beauty routine? “I always throw my hair back in a sleek, secure ponytail. I don’t wear any makeup while playing, because I can’t worry about it getting into my eyes or being a distraction. I learned early on that beauty should never interrupt focus on the court.”





GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment