Thursday, February 26, 2015

Convincing victory


Another easy victory for Maria in Acapulco after she defaeted Mariana Duque-Marino of Colombia in straight sets: 6-1, 6-2 in just one hour and 8 minutes of play.

After the 2nd Round match, Maria said: "The goal is to get better and improve as I go further in the tournament."
"The day before yesterday in my first match I had to make some little adjustments while I was playing, but today I really felt better. In the end it got a little bit tough - I got broken back a couple of times - but overall I'm very happy with the way that I played tonight. I felt pretty solid out there."
Maria was asked about the atmosphere on the court and the strong fan support she had.
"I really enjoyed the atmosphere. When the crowd gets into the match and they're being supportive of both players it's extremely important to feed off their energy, because as athletes I think we always perform better when we feel the atmosphere from the music and people cheering."
"I think having that kind of atmosphere out there really helps us lift our games."
A In quarterfinals, Maria will play against Magdalena Rybarikova of Slovakia. Maria never played Rybarikova before.

GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment