Monday, February 2, 2015

Not enough...


If Maria played like she did in 2nd set probably that she would had some chances. Unfortunately she didn`t and she lost the Australian Open final in straigh sets: 3-6, 6-7 after one hour and 51 minutes of play.

After the match, Maria said:

"It's always tough getting to a final stage of an event where it's down to two players and you end up becoming the one who's going home with the smaller trophy, there's no doubt about it. No matter how you played, well or not, whatever the scoreline, it's always tough. But it will be all right."
On the huge forehands she hit to save the first two match points...
"Well, I wasn't just going to let her hit a winner to win the match. I really wanted to go for it and I wanted to do everything I could to stay in those games and stay in that match.
"On the last one, couldn't do much to get that ball."

On her difficulties with playing Serena...
"I believe we attract what we're ready for. Yes, I haven't won against her many times, but if I'm getting to the stage of competing against someone like Serena, I'm doing something well. I'm setting up a chance to try to beat her, and it hasn't happened, but I'm not just going to go home without giving it another chance. That's just not who I am and not who I was raised to be. I'm a competitor.
"If I'm getting to the finals of Grand Slams and setting myself up to play Serena, I'm happy in that position. I love the competition. I love playing against the best, and at the moment, she is."

On whether she feels like she's getting closer...
"If I keep setting up chances for myself, absolutely."

In Maria`s schedule the next tournament is FED Cup. She will play for Russia against Poland and she will represent her country against Urszula Radwanska. The tournament starts on February 7.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment