Saturday, June 28, 2014

3rd Round victory !


On Centre Court, Maria won the 3rd Round match against Alison Riske of United States in straight sets: 6-3, 6-0 with 25 winners and 12 unforced errors.

After the match, Maria said: "I didn't want to get broken in the first game, but besides that break point I lost on my serve I didn't face another one throughout the match, so I was quite pleased about that."
"Overall she can be a dangerous player on grass. She has proved that before. Even though we played a long time ago, it was a three set match, and going into this one I knew that I had to be there.
"I thought I did a good job of maintaining my focus until the end."

In 4th Round, Maria will play against Angelique Kerber of Germany. On head to head, Maria leads kerber 4-1. Their last match was last year in Stuttagrt, where Maria won in 3 sets: 6-3, 2-6, 7-5.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment