Sunday, June 1, 2014

Maria all in


Maria continues her way to win the Roland Garros crown after she defeated Samantha Stosur of Australia in 3 sets: 3-6, 6-4, 6-0.

After the match Maria said: "I thought Sam played a really good first set. With that said, I had five break points and I didn't convert one of them. Against a player who's a very good server and who uses her serve as a weapon to set up points out there, if you don't take advantage of those particular moments, she gains a lot of confidence from that and swings and keeps serving well too."
"And it was unfortunate that I gave that break back in the second set, because I thought I had a good start, but overall I'm happy with the way I finished. I think that's the most important thing."

In quaterfinals, Maria will play against Garbine Muguruza of Spain. On head to head, Maria leads Muguruza: 1-0. They played in Rome, last year and Maria won in straight sets: 6-2, 6-2.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment