Saturday, June 7, 2014

Roland Garros Queen


Maria won the final in 3 sets: 6-4, 6-7, 6-4 against Simona Halep of Romania. Congratulations, Maria and congratulations also for Simona. Awesome final !

After the final, Maria said: "This was the toughest Grand Slam final I've ever played. All the respect to Simona. I thought she just played an unbelievable match today."
"I can't believe it. I never thought seven or eight years ago that I'd win more Roland Garroses when I was 27 years old than any other Grand Slam. It's a dream come true. This tournament means so much to me. And to think I've won it two times now - I'm so emotional, I can't even talk right now!"

"It's such an emotional victory for me in my career. You know, I have been in many Grand Slam finals, and every one feels very different. I feel as I get older I appreciate those situations so much more. And when it's over, after it being such an emotional match, everything just kind of lets go."

In Maria`s schedule the next tournament is the 3rd Grand Slam of the year, Wimbledon. The tournament begins on June 23.



GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment