Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Another great comeback


Maria did it again. She managed to comenack against Garbine Muguruza of Spain like she did against Samantha Stosur. Maria won the quarterfinal match in 3 sets: 1-6, 7-5, 6-1 after 2 hours and 6 minuntes of play.

After the match, Maria said: "In a lot of the games in the first set she was up 30-0, 40-0, and then I'd win a point or two. Then she's the one with the confidence. In the second set, when I was making her hit a second ball after her serve or when I was being a bit more aggressive on the second serves, taking a bit more chances, all of a sudden she's not hitting so freely."

"I knew that the match wasn't over. I still had a fair bit of time to change things around. Little by little I started playing a bit better, started getting in the court a little bit more, playing a little bit more aggressive, serving better than I did in the first set, returning as well, giving myself more looks at break points."

In semifinals, Maria will play against Eugenie Bouchard of Canada. On head to head, Maria leads Bouchard: 2-0. Their last match was in 2013 at the same tournament when Maria won in straight sets: 6-2, 6-4.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment