Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Maria@Wimbledon


Less than an hour (58 minutes) needed Maria to win her 1st Round match at Wimbledon. She defeated Samantha Murray of great Britain in straight sets: 6-1, 6-0.

After the match, Maria said: "There's always a bit more tension coming into the first round of a Grand Slam. It was such a quick turnaround. Just a couple weeks ago you're on the clay, coming onto the grass now. It's a new surface and it's a different feeling."


"It was obviously a bit slower start than I wanted, but I think as the match progressed, I got more comfortable, found my toss a little bit better. I think my serve percentage went up, which was quite important considering she did want to play an aggressive game off of the second serves."
In Wimbledon 2nd Round, Maria will play against Timea Bacsinszky of Switzerland. On head to head, Maria leads Bacsinszky: 1-0. Their only match was in 2006 in Zurich when Maria won in straight sets: 6-4, 6-3.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment