Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Great fight in Cincy debut



Maria won her 2nd Round match in Cincinnati against Madison Keys in 3 sets: 6-1, 3-6, 6-3 after one hour and 56 minutes.

After the match, Maria said: "Against Madison, someone who serves really well, it's always one or two moments that are really crucial in the match. In the first set I returned quite well and broke her a few times. She got a bit more consistent on her groundstrokes in the second set and there were some moments at the beginning of that second set where I felt that I could have taken the lead and broken her. I didn't do that, and she stepped it up and was able to break me a couple more times. But ultimately I was happy with the beginning of the third set. That was really crucial."



In 3rd Round, Maria will play either Karin Knapp from Italy or Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia.



GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment