Saturday, August 30, 2014

Victory in 3rd Round !


Excellent win for Maria in 3rd Round at US Open. She deefated Sabine Lisicki of Germany in straight sets: 6-2, 6-4 and books a spot in 4th Round.

After the game, Maria said: "She was a really tough opponent, a very aggressive big server. I just tried to concentrate on my return. I wasn't serving as well as I wanted to. In the end it was a few points. I was happy I was able to break her."

"She's a very dangerous and tricky opponent, and she's capable of playing really well at the Slams and always raising her level against the top players.That was something I was very well aware of. I thought I stepped up to the challenge."


In 4th Round, Maria will play against Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark. On head to head, Maria leads Wozniacki: 5-2. Their last match was in 2013 in Indian Wells where Maria won in straight sets: 6-2, 6-2.




GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment