Friday, August 15, 2014

Maria into Cincy QF


Another step forward for Maria after she defeated Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia in straight sets: 6-4, 7-6 after one hour and 58 minutes of play.


After this match, Maria said: "I had a tough opponent, considering I lost to her in the beginning of the year. I was happy to get my revenge in Stuttgart, but I knew coming in that she's an aggressive player. I had to try to take that away from her. I'm happy that I was able to win the match in two sets."



Af In Cincinnati QF, Maria will play against Simona Halep of Romania. About the next match, Maria said: "We have played on hard, but it was a long time ago. Our matches this year have been on clay courts, so this will be a pretty new encounter. We know each other's games very well because we played quite recently in the middle of the season. She's having one of her best seasons. Obviously being No.2 in the world is a really big achievement. It will be a tough match."



GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment