Thursday, August 7, 2014

US Open series started


Victory for Maria in Montreal after she defeated Garbine Muguruza of Spain in 2nd Round at Rogers Cup: 4-6, 6-3, 6-1 after 2 hours and 11 minutes of play.

After the match, Maria said: "It's been a few weeks since I've been in a competitive atmosphere. It's always quite different than practice no matter how much you train. Once you step on the court, you feel the energy from the crowd and you get inspired by everything, but you're ultimately a bit rusty. I'm just happy that I got through that and won today because I had a very tough opponent."


Vi In 3rd Round, Maria will play agianst another spanish player, this time against Carla Suarez Navarro. On head to head, Maria leads Navarro: 1-0. Their single match was last year in Indian Wells, when Maria won in straight sets: 7-5, 6-3.

About her next opponent, Maria said: "She's a different type of opponent than I played today. She has a little bit more variety, a one-handed backhand, uses her slice extremely well, and also moves around the court quite well. I expect a physical match from her. You never quite know what you're going to get, especially when you haven't faced an opponent in a while. I'm looking forward to it." 



GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment