Friday, May 8, 2015

Maria defeated Wozniacki for SF spot


Another important victory for Maria in Madrid. She defeated the Danish player in 3 sets: 6-1, 3-6, 6-3 in almost 2 hours of play.

After the quarterfinal match, Maria said: "I think I became a little bit more aggressive at the end. I was so far back for a long period of time after winning the first set. I definitely thought that was an improvement, something I started doing better in the third."
"And opening up the court a little bit more and then moving forward. I was staying too far back and letting her get in the rallies, which she's really good at."
To qualify for the last act, Maria must win in semifinals against Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia. On head to head, Maria leads Kuznetsova: 8-4. Their last match was last year in Beijing, where Maria won in straight sets: 6-0, 6-4.

GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment