Thursday, May 28, 2015

No problem in RG 2nd Round


Maria defeated Vitalia Diatchenko of Russia in straight sets: 6-3, 6-1 in 2nd Round at Roland Garros.


In 3rd Round, Maria will play against Samantha Stosur of Australia. About her opponent, Maria said: "She has a very heavy ball, and I think on clay specifically it just really penetrates through the court," Sharapova said of Stosur. "The spin she's able to create from her forehand and her serve, she has one of the best kick serves in the game. She's really able to put that power into it and kick. She also slices a lot. There are a lot of untraditional things she does, but I guess I enjoy the challenge of playing her.
"I have a pretty good record against her. I enjoy our matches. I hope I can continue that."
On head to head, Maria leads Stosur: 14-2. Their last match was last year at Roland Garros, when Maria won in 3 sets: 3-6, 6-4, 6-0.

GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment