Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Title defense started in Paris


Maria started her title defense campaign at Roland Garros with a straight set victory against Kaia Kanepi of Estonia: 6-2, 6-4 after one hour and 24 minutes of play.


After the match, Maria said: "I'm getting over it, and hopefully it will pass by soon. But obviously it was such a big occasion for me to be back out on center court, and I had a tough opponent ahead of me. And the conditions were pretty difficult as well. So I knew it wasn't just going to depend on the tennis today."
"Overall I'm just happy I got through it and have a day off tomorrow - I should be better by then."
On title defense campaign, Maria said:  "Every time is different. I think you always look back at all the different memories that you've created over the years, and I've obviously had many great ones and many tough ones.
"I always love coming back the first few days when the tournament is just getting going and you only see the staff around," Sharapova continued. "I think that's always quite special, a little bit eerie, and there's no one really there and you've able to re-live your special moment in your mind a little bit."
In 2nd Round, Maria will play against Vitalia Diatchenko of Russia. Maria never played Diatchenko before. About her 2nd Round opponent, Maria concluded: "I got to know her during Fed Cup this year," Sharapova said. "That was really the first time we spent together. I didn't get a chance to practice with her, though. I saw her play doubles a little bit - maybe it was good because it was the first time I had really seen her strike the ball. She's a big hitter."

GO MARIA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment