Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Maria into 3rd Round in Rome


The 2nd Round match between Maria and Jarmila Gajdosova stopped at: 6-2, 3-1 for Maria after Gajdosova accused an injury at her shoulder.

After the match, Maria said: "Madrid was really the start of my clay court season - my preparations started a little bit later this year than in previous ones. I have to take my time and get into a groove, it's been a while since I've played that many matches within a span of six days.
"It was good to feel the physicality of it again - I think the last time was during the Australian Open. I came up short against Svetlana,  but it was good to have those matches because this will be the last preparation before the French Open."

"I think mentally and physically I improved my approach. I can withstand longer rallies - the recovery is much easier for me now - but obviously it took years. I appreciate all the hard work that's gone in and now I can enjoy the battles a bit more, knowing I don't have to save myself."
In 3rd Round, Maria will play either Bojana Jovanovski or Madison Keys. 

GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment