Saturday, May 30, 2015

Maria into RG 4th Round


Maria continues her journey in Paris after her victory against Sam Stosur of Australia in straight sets: 6-3, 6-4 after one hour and 40 minutes.

After the match, Maria said: "I was just really happy to win this one.I knew it was going to be a tough one going into the match. I just wanted to be as ready as I could, and I was really happy I was able to win it."
"Against Sam I know I have to take care of my service games because she's capable of serving really well. I'm also a tall girl, so the kick she's able to give on the second serve maybe doesn't bother me as much as other players. I quite like that ball. But we've had many tough matches despite my record, and it's not something I look at very lightly when I go up to that match. I know I have to beat a good player."
"She's been playing really well and loves playing here. So I thought it was a great result for me."
"Just getting the job done. The conditions in the first match and today have been quite tough. And in those moments it's always tough to really assess the level, because as much as you want to improve and find some sort of perfection, you never quite know where the direction will be. Especially with the spin of my opponent today, I just had to be steady and consistent, and I did that quite well."
In 4th Round, Maria will play against Lucie Safarova of Czech Republic. About her 4th Round opponent, Maria said: "We haven't played in a while.The last time was a really tough match in Stuttgart last year where she was serving for the match. I know I have a tough one ahead of me, and lefties are always tricky. It will be my firs
t one of the tournament. I will definitely need to be ready against her."
"But I know what I have to do. I just have to get it done."
On head to head, Maria leads Safarova: 4-1. Their last match was last year in Stuttgart, where Maria won in 3 sets: 7-6, 6-7, 7-6.


GO MARIA !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment